In 2002, Stanhope Street Primary School moved out of the original building (which dates back to 1867), as it had been condemned as a fire hazard. It was demolished in March 2010.
On 1st May 2013, work began on the new school building and on 1st September 2014, the new school was ready to open its doors to staff and pupils.
The new building is three stories, with the maximum use made of natural light on the corridors. Classrooms are beautifully equipped with all modern facilities in order to provide the best education for the children.
Over the years, the school has seen many changes. Pupils continue to come from the Dublin 7 area but in recent years, the school has welcomed pupils from over 30 different nationalities.
It is significant that the new Primary School building is built on the original Primary School site, thus continuing the work of education in the tradition and ethos of the Religious Sisters of Charity.